I have often talked about my favorite little grocery store in Des Moines...New City Market. I finally got around to taking some photos of it for you all to see! Isn't it adorable? My favorite section is (of course) the bulk bins. I love to shop at New City for several reasons:
- It's local and they support local farmers.
- The staff members are helpful and kind.
- They remember who we are.
- There are only 4 aisles.
- They care about the same "issues" that I care about (i.e. organic, non-GMO, etc.)
- I don't have to stand behind the guy buying a big slab of factory farm beef, Cheetos, Fruit Loops, and white bread.
- They don't look at me like I have 2 heads when I hand them my cloth bags.
I will go out of my way to shop at New City...just to make sure I am supporting a small, local business. Yes, it may cost a little more sometimes, but it's worth it! I love you New City!