Sunday, July 23, 2006

Balsamic Vinegarette



During the week in the summer, this is my typical lunch. A big yummy salad. Someday I would love to have my own garden and grow all of this myself. This particular salad consisted of:

*Romaine hearts
*Kale
*Summer squash
*Cucumber
*Tomatoes
*Avocado
*Walnuts
*Raisins
*Flax oil

Most of the time I keep the dressing simple. I just splash a little olive oil, balsamic and raw agave nectar on it and it's good to go. When I'm feeling more ambitious, I whip up some vinegarette. My absoulute favorite dressing of all time is this one:

Balsamic Vinegarette
Living Cuisine: The Art and Spirit of Raw Foods
Renee Underkoffler


6 T extra virgin olive oil
3 T balsamic vinegar
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 T maple syrup or raw honey
1 T nama shoyu
1 T white miso
1-2 cloves galic
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 t oregano
Sun-dried sea salt to taste

In a blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. Store in a glass jar in refrigerator. Keeps for 3-4 days. To re-use, add a little water and shake.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanna come eat at your house!

Anna, mama to my three boys

6:01 AM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Kristin said...

Mmmm...did I tell you I bought Kale for the first time? What influence my friend Sara has! :)

4:52 PM, July 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, i miss those salads... oh i'm craving one right now.. your dressing is pretty much the greatest and mmmmm avacados.. yum yum yum.. miss it! miss you more tho!

1:06 PM, August 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home