Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My kitchen



My kitchen. I spend A LOT of time in here. Preparing food is an relaxing, enjoyable thing for me. I love feeling the different textures in my hands. I love starting with raw ingredients and creating a wonderful final product. You won't find a microwave in my kitchen. I'm not about doing things fast (plus they aren't good for you). I enjoy slow food. I don't purchase a lot of processed food (occasionally chips, cereal, crackers, and condiments). I strive to have only organic food in the house. I would say that right now, I have about 90% organic.

Here is what is currently in my fridge:
  • Kiwi
  • Strawberries
  • Spinach
  • Grapes
  • Romaine lettuce
  • Cucumbers
  • Summer squash
  • 8-ball zucchini
  • Onions
  • Carrots
  • Dried figs and apples
  • Cashews, walnuts, and almonds
  • Garlic
  • Broccoli
  • Watermelon
  • Eggs from a local farm
  • Mango
  • Sesame tahini
  • Almond butter
  • Strawberries
  • Mushrooms
  • Bean sprouts
  • Red curry paste
  • Lemon juice
  • Worshestershire sauce
  • Vegenaise
  • Brita water pitcher
  • Ketchup and mustard
  • Maple syrup
  • Flax oil
  • Flax seeds
  • Avocados
  • Green beans
  • Swiss chard
  • Almond milk
  • Lime juice
  • Yeast
  • Sprouted garbanzo beans
  • Brussel sprouts
In my freezer:
  • 7 bags of fruit for smoothies
  • Edamames
  • Bread crumbs
  • Bananas
  • Ice
On my counter:
  • Oranges
  • Lemons
  • Tomatoes
  • Pears
  • Bananas
  • Mangos
In my cupboards:
  • Agave nectar
  • Celtic sea salt
  • Honey (local farm)
  • Baking supplies and spices
  • Bulk dried beans and legumes (navy beans, red lentils, split peas, garbanzo beans, quinoa)
  • Veggie broth
  • Tamari
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Rapadura whole cane sugar
  • Larabars
  • Untoasted nori sheets
  • Unsweetened coconut flakes
  • Various whole grain flours
  • Carob chips
  • Nutritional yeast
  • Molasses
  • White cooking wine
  • Olive oil
  • Popcorn
  • Blue chips
  • Pretzels
  • Flax plus cereal
  • Brown rice cakes
  • 10 lb bag of brown basmati rice
  • Balsamic vinegar


For the last week or so, I have been back on primarily raw foods. Normally, there would be at least one block of tofu in there. I love opening my fridge and seeing a rainbow of colors and textures. If my fridge is colorful and clean, I am a happy mama.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heth said...

Your kitchen is adorable. I love the feeling, it almost has a glow.

6:22 AM, July 20, 2006  
Blogger lnwslot789 said...

ดูหนังออนไลน์ กับหนังออนไลน์ที่คมชัดเต็มระบบงทั้ง 4K HD สนุกง่ายๆ กับ NiNoKuni นิ โนะ คุนิ ศึกพิภพคู่ขนาน (2019)

8:05 PM, May 12, 2020  

Post a Comment

<< Home